- On a recent work trip to Barbados, I visited the island’s popular fast-food chain Chefette.
- It’s considered the Bajan version of McDonald’s and is loved by Rihanna.
- Serving pizza, fried chicken, rotis, and burgers, not to mention lots of ice cream, there’s something for everyone at Chefette.
- Like any other fast-food establishment, it’s not fancy, but it’s tasty and fun, and I can see why Rihanna loves it.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Barbados may be known for its stunning beaches and ubiquitous rum shacks, but there’s one other establishment you can’t miss if you visit the Caribbean island: Chefette.
Known as the Bajan McDonald’s, the distinctive yellow and purple fast-food chain has 14 locations all over the island, and it’s beloved by kids, adults, and celebrities alike.
Proud Bajan Rihanna has long expressed her love of Chefette and is regularly spotted there when she’s back home.
In 2020, Drake visited Barbados and, according to locals, frequented Chefette while there. He even suggested that a future album might be inspired by the chain in an Instagram post.
I’ll admit, I’m not a huge fast-food fan, but after hearing rave reviews on a recent work trip in Barbados — every local I spoke to seemed to have a fondness for Chefette, having been an integral part of childhood for many — I knew I had to make a stop at the fast-food restaurant.
Artists of the Transplant Links Charity Deck of Cards
Diya Mahanta – The Glamour
Sam Bankman-Fried says unlikely to testify in Dec 13 House Committee hearing • TechCrunch