Published: April 5, 2021
The Patton College of Education is featuring the fourth and final panel discussion in its Munch and Learn Series: Global Issues on Immigration. “Honoring and Supporting the Experiences of Immigrant Populations in University and Community Life: Part II” will be held on Monday, April 12, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
The virtual Microsoft Teams forum will focus on the academic and non-academic experiences of international students. Panelists will share experiences and strategies for enhancing student success and community engagement among international populations.
The panel features Salome Aluso, doctoral student in Higher Education; Diane Cahill, director of international services and operations, International Student and Faculty Services; and Gerry Krzic, director of Ohio Program of Intensive English, OHIO Office of International Training and Development. The moderator of the discussion is Chip Rice, research grants development coordinator; and the convener is Dr. Connie Patterson, associate dean for academic engagement and outreach.
- Gain an understanding of the academic and nonacademic challenges of international students
- Understand strategies to better support international students and immigrant populations at OHIO and in the local community
- Learn how community engagement is beneficial to international students and immigrant populations
The previous sessions in the series are available on The Patton College’s YouTube channel, as will the video recording of the April 12 discussion when it is available. Previous sessions are:
- “Immigrant Experiences: Families, Careers and Communities”
- “Honoring the Experiences of Immigrant Populations in Research and Scholarship”
- “International Students and Immigration: Perspectives from Students, Faculty and Staff: Part I”
The Global Issues on Immigration Munch and Learn Series is open to Ohio University and the community and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams Live.
Click here to join the discussion at noon on April 12.
This session is sponsored by The Patton College Strategic Plan Work Groups: Exemplary Student-Centered Services and Vibrant Outreach, Engagement & Partnerships.