Marketing & Business Development Manager
Frampton Co is hiring a Marketing & Business Development Manager. Seeking a creative and collaborative candidate with skills and interest across business development, branding and communications, and the intersection of art and design. Experience with RFPs and proposals, managing social media channels, press releases and e-newsletters, website journal and image content management, and assistance with art & design sales. The Marketing and Business Development Manager reports directly to the Principal.
An exciting opportunity to join a firm that crosses the boundaries of interior architecture, interior design and art advisory, exhibitions and sales. A boutique firm, the studio has a robust mission, active communications program, and locations and exhibition galleries in a Manhattan penthouse and a Bridgehampton barn. From diverse clients and projects, to self-funded artistic commissions and an emerging unique product line, this position is a dynamic role. The ideal candidate is a pro networker with a sharp eye, a strategic mind, and a creative vision to complement the studio’s.
• Serve as the professional brand ambassador and the first point of contact for all marketing and business inquiries
• Develop innovative business strategies, from new outreach methods to relationship maintenance
• Pro-actively seek new business opportunities, answer RFPs, write proposals, and execute follow-ups
• Create presentations uniquely geared for select prospective client markets, e.g. residential, development, hospitality
• Maintain relationship with editors, writers, vendors, and industry contacts
• Liaise with outside marketing and publicity consultants
• Create and manage all digital content for the studio, website, social media channels, e-blasts, and advertising campaigns
• Develop collateral for website including content updates, journal and press posts
• Manage complex project photoshoot productions and constant in-studio informal photography and video
• 5 years of professional experience in marketing, media, agency, sales, business development or comparable position in the design, art or creative worlds
• Strong interest in art, design and storytelling
• Excellent writing skills, strong visual eye with graphic design expertise
• Self-starter who manages deadlines and details effectively and thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Possess a proactive, enthusiastic, and collaborative attitude
• Social Media savvy from ideation of content through to practical execution
• Demonstrated track record of social media engagement success
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel), the Adobe Suite (Photoshop & InDesign), WordPress, MailChimp, iMovie, Google Analytics, the Later application
• Eligibility to work in the US with valid driver’s license and an enthusiasm to travel frequently to the Bridgehampton satellite studio-gallery
Applications to include the following:
• Complete résumé highlighting relevant experience
• 2 writing samples (preferably a newsletter or press release, but other marketing writing samples will be accepted)
• 1-page Cover Letter responding to the following questions:
– Why are you interested in working as the Marketing & Business Development Manager at Frampton Co?
– Describe a marketing or business strategy that you conceived and implemented atypical for the industry norm?
– What is important to you in a workplace?
Frampton Co specializes in interior architecture, design and art advisement and is located in Manhattan with a satellite studio in Bridgehampton. The team consists of interior and architectural designers collaborating on creatively driven projects. Founded by Principal Elena Frampton, Frampton Co approaches each project holistically from construction through to decoration and art installation, delivering spaces that are rich, expressive and truly one-of-a-kind. Interior designer and art advisor Elena Frampton is the founder and principal, with a maverick and instinctual design approach. Her work gives shape and feeling to specific, artistic visions for where and how we live. The studio’s diverse portfolio includes residences, select commercial projects, and F Collection private label furnishings on view alongside other curated artworks for purchase in gallery settings at Exhibition The Barn in Bridgehampton and Exhibition Penthouse in NYC.